The Continuing Education Certification program is a collaboration between ALU, AHOU and the CIU, launched in 2020. Since that time work has been done to create awareness of the program and over 500 certificates have been awarded to participants. The program is designed to capture what you, a professional underwriter, are already doing to enhance, maintain and grow your skills in our ever-changing insurance landscape.
• Promote the importance of underwriting professionalism through continuing education
• Maintain value of the FALU designation
• Recognize continuing education for non-FALU underwriters
• Provide a certification that is both meaningful and attainable
• Provide a platform to recognize industry involvement and education
• Establish parameters for qualifying credit content
• Create and maintain individual tracking tool
You have until January 31, 2024, to input any industry volunteer activity, training and development coursework or webinars, attendance at conferences and many other educational opportunities that you have completed between January of 2022 and December 2023. You only require 50 credits within this two-year cycle to qualify as and utilize the designation of Certified Professional Underwriter or Certified FALU during the calendar years 2024 and 2025. Please note, education credits may be subject to audit.
Logging the things that you do to continue learning as an Underwriting Professional only takes a few minutes. Don’t delay take time today for your own personal development! Start logging your entries in the Continuing Education section of your ALU account.