2021 exams were administered on April 27, 2021. These exams were held virtually. Exam results have been circulated via email and are also available via the ALU profile. For more information on exams, please review the Post Exam's FAQ document.
ALU will be offering the ALU 101 exam only on October 19, 2021. Please visit the ALU store to register.
Individual Student Registration
If you are an individual student registering yourself, click on the “Register Myself” option. All exams you are eligible to register for based on your exam history should show up. If the exam you wish to register for is not available and you believe this to be an error, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In an effort to meet the needs of remote underwriters and unaffiliated students who wish to write ALU exams, the Academy offers a remote exam site program.
To reduce the time and effort required for company Educational Representatives who wish to enroll two or more students in ALU examinations being administered at a single company site, the Academy offers a multi-student registration option.
If you choose to coordinate exam registration for a group of students, click on the “Register Someone Else” option. A screen will pop up where you can either select an existing student to register or add a new student to register. Please note that you will only be able to select existing students that belong to the same company location as you. If there is an existing student who you wish to register that does not come up as an option, please contact email@example.com.
Once you have selected an existing student or selected to add a new student, please either verify their existing information or enter all required information, and then click “Save & Close”. All exams that the student is eligible to register for based on their exam history should show up. If the exam the student wishes to register for is not available and you believe this to be an error, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Checkout and Payment
To continue, click “Proceed to Checkout”. If you would like to purchase anything else, such as the required textbooks for an exam, click “Continue Shopping”. If you are ready to checkout, review your order and enter your payment information. If you have ordered any textbooks, please be sure that the address in the “Shipping Details” section is correct.
*Payment must be made in U.S. Dollars*
If you are paying by credit card: Choose the “Pay Now” option, and enter your card information before clicking “Submit Order”. A receipt for your order will be emailed to you shortly.
If you are paying by check or wire transfer: Choose the “Pay Later” option, enter the check number that will be used to pay or write in “Wire Transfer”. Checks must be sent within 2 business days of your order. If you are paying by wire transfer, please follow the instructions on this document.
In order for students to successfully take the ALU exam, all students must:
- Have a computer, students will not be able to access the exams on a mobile device or tablet.
- Have a stable internet connection. In general, if you can do a zoom call without issues, your internet connection should be sufficient for ALU exams.
- Have functioning cameras on their computer. Exams will be recorded and reviewed. No students will be able to proceed with their exam unless their camera is on and recording.
- Students will be required to utilize the most recent version of Chrome to access the exam.
- Exam resources: FAQ Document and Step By Step Guide
- June 1, 2021 - ALU 101 Registration opens
- August 1, 2021 - Enrollment deadline for examination at regular fee. Withdrawal deadline for refund of exam fee less a cancellation fee.
- September 1, 2021 - Enrollment deadline for examinations with additional late fee.
- October 19, 2021 - ALU 101 Examination will be written 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, local time. All examinations must be written at this time. Those not written at the scheduled time will not be accepted.