The ALU Curriculum Group
The Curriculum Group is responsible for updating, editing and maintaining the ALU and MRAP textbooks. In addition to soliciting authors for new content, Curriculum Group members work with authors on updates to the current text. Two of the four ALU texts are revised each year, so that every two years, a new edition of each text is available. The Curriculum Group also updates the Fundamentals of Risk Selection booklet.
Please note: The textbooks for the 2021 exam cycle are the same as the textbooks used for the 2020 exam cycle.
The revised Fundamentals of Risk Selection booklet is now available.
Current ALU and MRAP texts/editions:
- ALU 101 – Basic Life Insurance Underwriting - 9th Edition
- ALU 201 – Intermediate Medical Life Insurance Underwriting - 7th Edition
- ALU 202 – Intermediate Non-Medical Life Insurance Underwriting - 9th Edition
- ALU 301 – Advanced Life Insurance Underwriting - 9th Edition
- MRAP1 – Medical Risk Assessment Principles -1st edition
- MRAP2 – Medical Risk Assessment Principles II - 1st edition
- Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology – 8th Edition
|ALU 101||ALU 201||ALU 202||ALU 301|
|Chapter 1||Chapter 1||Chapter 1||Chapter 1|
|Chapter 2||Chapter 2||Chapter 2||Chapter 2|
|Chapter 3||Chapter 3||Chapter 3||Chapter 3|
|Chapter 4||Chapter 4||Chapter 4||Chapter 4|
|Chapter 5||Chapter 5||Chapter 5||Chapter 5|
|Chapter 6||Chapter 6||Chapter 6||Chapter 6|
|Chapter 7||Chapter 7||Chapter 7||Chapter 7|
|Chapter 8||Chapter 8||Chapter 8||Chapter 8|
|Chapter 9||Chapter 9||Chapter 9||Chapter 9|
|Chapter 10||Chapter 10||Chapter 10||Chapter 10|
|Chapter 11||Chapter 11||Chapter 11||Chapter 11|
|Chapter 12||Chapter 12||Chapter 12||Chapter 12|
|Chapter 13||Chapter 13||Chapter 13||Chapter 13|
|Chapter 14||Chapter 14||Chapter 14||Chapter 14|
|Chapter 15||Chapter 15||Chapter 15|
Sample Test Question Formats:
The presence of red blood cells in the urine is:
All of the following statements regarding the suicide provision are correct EXCEPT:
- The burden of proof that death was due to suicide is the responsibility of the beneficiary.
- Most life insurance policies include the provision.
- The insurer will refund all premiums paid if a claim is denied due to suicide.
- It specifies the period of time during which a suicide will not be a covered risk.
Flat extra ratings are typically used when assessing which of the following risks?
A. morbid obesity
B. scuba diving
C. underground mining
- A only is correct
- B only is correct
- B and C only are correct
- A, B, and C are correct
Two friends have gone into business together and have been extremely successful. They hired
another friend who is exceptional at sales and has the relationships necessary to help them enter a
new market share, as their Vice President of Sales. As part of this new venture, they have taken out a
significant loan to boost inventory for anticipated sales. The founders have an agreement to buy each
other's share of the business upon death, for a stated amount, in order to continue the business
seamlessly. They decide to visit their insurance agent to purchase insurance for their situation.
The type of buy-sell agreement the founders have is:
- fringe benefit
- estate planning
- cross purchase
- stock redemption