Designation and Diploma Requirements
Students who have completed all requirements for an ALU Certificate or Diploma must complete and submit an Application for Certificate or Diploma to the ALU Administration Office in order to receive their designation and diploma. In addition, this request must be received in the ALU Administration Office at least two weeks prior to a Conferment Date in order to have the certificate or diploma issued on that date.
ALU Level One Certificate
To qualify for the ALU Level One Certificate, a student must successfully complete the following:
- ALU 101 Exam
- LOMA 280 - Principles of Insurance or LOMA 281* - Meeting Customer Needs with Insurance and Annuities
- LOMA 290 - Insurance Company Operations or LOMA 291* - Improving the Bottom Line: Insurance Company Operations
- LOMA 311 - Business Law for Financial Services
- * LOMA 200 combines LOMA 281 + LOMA 291 and can be accepted in lieu of each individual course
Associate, Academy of Life Underwriting (AALU) Designation and Diploma
To qualify for the AALU Designation and diploma, a student must successfully complete the following:
- All ALU Level One Certificate Requirements
- ALU 201 and ALU202 Exams
- LOMA 320 - Insurance Marketing or LOMA 321 - Marketing in Financial Services
- LOMA 335 - Operational Excellence in Financial Services
Fellow, Academy of Life Underwriting (FALU) Designation and Diploma
To qualify for the FALU Designation and Diploma, a student must successfully complete the following:
- All AALU Diploma Requirements
- ALU 301 Exam
- Three Fellowship Electives from the current Electives List. Click HERE for the current Fellowship Electives list.
The ALU recognizes that some older LOMA, American College and Advocis courses are equivalent to the elective courses currently required for the ALU Certificate and Diplomas. The ALU also recognizes that some current or former courses or designations offered by other institutions are equivalent to some of the current elective courses.
Please click HERE for a list of North American transfer credits available to ALU students who have completed the courses or designations shown. Please click HERE for a list of International transfer credits.